Sunday, January 22, 2012

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge - Beta Competition - Hour 0, The Rules

Well, I've decided to give it another go - World of Warcraft Gold Challenge is back with the Beta Competition. If you missed the Alpha Competition, the goal was to create a new character and to make 10,000 gold as quickly as possible. For the Beta Competition, I've decided to streamline the rules a bit to make it more palatable for others who may want to give the competition a try.

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge - Beta Competition Rules

1. Create a level 1 character. This may be done on your main server, but this new character must remain completely independent of your other characters. You may also, as had been required in the Alpha Competition, start a character on a Random Server.

2. While you are running the competition for yourself, you may not "play the market" on your other characters in such a way that creates any advantage for your contestant.

3. No Direct Trading with other players. No Donations. All Activity must go through the Auction House.

4. Tradeskills are permitted, both gathering and production.

5. You may only use the Postal and Auctioneer Add-Ons to assist you.

6. To win the challenge, you must reach 25,000 Liquid Gold (up from 10,000 in the Alpha competition due to inflation)

7. Take note of in-game time by using the /played command. Also take note of how long it takes you in real life. All else equal, 25k made in 15 days is much more impressive than 25k made in a month.


Like last time, I will provide hourly updates with my methods. Of special note this time through: I haven't had an active WoW account in about 8 months, so I'm completely out of touch with the economy at the moment. I intend to take the same basic strategy as I used in the Alpha Competition, however, not having a good feel for the economy at this freeze-frame of time is going to slow me down compared with someone who has been playing the market recently. Auctioneer is definitely a tool that will help me catch up, but you still need the knowledge along with the tools to really push the limits of gold-making.

For anyone looking to take on the challenge, good luck!

Go to Hour 1 of the Beta Competition

3 comments:

  1. should we cut days on half and said 1 week for 25k? that challenge be greater :)

    Übermacht

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like last time, I will provide hourly updates with my methods. Of special note this time through: I haven't had an active WoW account in about 8 months, so I'm completely out of touch with the economy at the moment. I intend to take the same basic strategy as I used in the Alpha Competition, however, not having a good feel for the economy at this freeze-frame of time is going to slow me down compared with someone who has been playing the market recently. Auctioneer is definitely a tool that will help me catch up, but you still need the knowledge along with the tools to really push the limits of gold-making.
    Madden 23 coins

    ReplyDelete