Thursday, November 11, 2010

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge: Alpha Competition - Hour 1

I chose to start as a Human Rogue.  I plowed to level 5 by doing the quests in the start zone and grinding on the humanoids.  Because it is *really hard* to die now at low levels compared with a few years ago, it goes very very quickly from 1 through 5.  At level 5 I ran to Stormwind City and trained mining with the plan being to mine a few stacks of copper ore as my seed money before making the Auction House my permanent gold-making enterprise.  The plan seemed to be working well until I noticed that there was a level 61 Death Knight galloping around Elwyn Forest mining copper.  At this point I was just past the 1 hour /played time and decided to call it a day.

There were a couple mistakes I made that I will remedy next time:  Firstly, I forgot to train Eviscerate and Stealth.  One of my prime targets for Copper Ore will be the Fargodeep mine.  The next mistake I made was failing to get herbalism as a starter too.  The new interface allows for both mining and herbalism to be tracked simultaneously.  The final mistake was not choosing to make the Goldshire Inn (or the inn at Stormwind) my home before running back out into Elwyn Forest.  Small things, but the small things like this add up.

Total Assets at the end of 1 hour:  About 2 Silver

Go to Hour 2 of the Alpha Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment