Friday, November 19, 2010

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge: Alpha Competition - Hour 13

Ironforge, Auction House - Upon checking the mailbox this morning, it was the first time my liquid gold total eclipsed 1000 gold.  This means that I've got another 3000 gold, roughly, tied up in items.  And speaking of items, 2 of the Runed Mana Bands have sold already at 60g a piece, which means that buying 6 of them at 20g will end up being a great deal.

I was fortunate to win about 15 of the Northrend herb auctions I mentioned at the end of the last entry.  I wonder if I'd not been so greedy with setting my bid if I would have managed to win a lot more.  As it stands, it should be a decent 200-250 gold profit based on the purchase price.  Again, there is a lot of gold to be made putting in bids, and, conversely, a lot of gold to be lost by not setting a proper buyout.

I found about 15 Arcane Crystal individually priced at about 3g per.  Snatched them and have resold half already at 9g.  (And by half I mean roughly half, given 15 isn't divisible by 2).  This was a 75% to 200% play.  I'd had my eye on the Arcane Crystal market for a few days and noticed that there just weren't that many of them.  Also, the Arcanite Bar market seemed a bit inflated, so I figured I'd stand a good chance at selling at double market price.

Total Assets at the end of 13 hours:  About 4000 gold

Go to Hour 14 of the Alpha Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment