Tuesday, November 23, 2010

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge: Alpha Competition - Hour 21

Ironforge, Auction House - The Cataclysm re-shaping of the world patch went live today.  I spent an hour on my old realm checking out a few of the drastically changed zones including stranglethorn, darkshore, and the barrens.  Blizzard did a nice job.  I was worried that they were intending to change everything, but really the just gave it a makeover.  One thing that MMORPG developers ought to know by now is that you can't bottle nostalgia, but you can keep old zones intact.  I'd say the zones are intact enough that the nostalgia seekers won't fret, but there is definitely a new edge to them.

Upon logging on to the challenge realm, I found another 1200 liquid gold sitting in my Mailbox.  So, I'm 2/3rds of the way there.  Problem is that I don't have enough assets yet to coast into the finish line.  I am going to be logging in frequently tonight though:  I suspect people will be resubscribing in droves which will lead to some odd pricing that I should be able to take advantage of.  Market shocks like patches and new expansion hype can be extremely lucrative for resellers and prices tend to wobble from the highest priced items to the cheapest.  Gold just seems to roll into the coffers because most people aren't at all concerned with gold at high excitement moments like this.

I spent most of this hour putting together last hour's post, and really I'm just on autopilot now.  I found a new add-on that I'm going to tinker with a little to see if I can get it to show all of my buying and selling.

Total Assets at the end of 21 hours: About 10200 gold

Go to Hour 22 of the Alpha Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment