Thursday, November 11, 2010

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge: Alpha Competition - Hour 2

World of Warcraft.  Gold and the pursuit of 10,000 pieces of it. (Somewhere outside of Goldshire)  Upon logging back in, I had some good fortune with finding Copper nodes by running the ridge that runs east/west and parallel to the main path through the zone, looping down to Jarod's Landing, then back up to the Fargodeep Mine.  Within forty minutes I had nearly 3 stacks of Copper ore which, given my experience, should net about 10 gold, which will be enough not to have to leave the city again.  I set the auctions at the auction house, did a quick get-all scan with Auctioneer to start building some realm data on prices, and logged out.

After a few hours, I logged back in to find 11 gold waiting for me in the mailbox.  I was finally in business.

The first thing I did was run another get-all scan (this type of scan is much faster than the full scan and does basically the same thing).  You can access it in Auctioneer by clicking on the button that looks like a fast-forward symbol (>>) on the standard auction house tab.  It takes about 2 minutes to run, though if you have a slower computer it can take somewhat longer.  Still not nearly as long as running a full scan.

After that scan completed, I went to the "Search" tab of the Auctioneer program and performed a search for Vendor items to sell.  Auctioneer looks for items that are being sold on the Auction House that can be sold to a vendor for more than the current sales price.  As good fortune would have it,  someone was selling about 20 Living Ruby for 50 silver a piece below vendor price.  These along with a medley of other items that have 5-15 silver profit associated with them brought my gold total up to 23.

Finally it was time to look for some items to flip.  Given that I still have a very small amount of gold,  I wanted to be very cautious here and not get invested in just one or two items.  So, the plan was simple:  look for low-level uncommon (Green) items that were below 50s a piece and relist them for 4 or 5 gold a piece.  I focused on items that had Int/Sta, Agi/Sta, or Str/Sta on them as these are always the ones I seem to look for when I'm leveling a new character.  I found 4 of them that fit my criteria, posted them, and logged out.

Total Assets at the end of 2 hours : About 30 gold

Go To Hour 3 of the Alpha Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment