Sunday, November 14, 2010

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge: Alpha Competition - Hour 6

Stormwind City, Auction House - This hour was trudging along until I found two Runed Mana Band at well below market price:  11g a piece.  The first one already sold for 59g and I've got the second one posted at 89g.  The same person who was selling these really cheap items also had 5 necklaces of some sort, but I chose not to buy them even though they were quite low compared to standard pricing.  5 was a few too many, even though I am starting to get to the point where I can feel more comfortable sitting on items for a longer period of time.  I considered buying one or two and letting others buy out this seller, but there is always a chance that this player is one of those folk who find it fun to craft items and sell them below the cost of their components.  This is always a risk you run when you are dealing in crafted items:  that someone out there just really loves to make XYZ widget and farms the necessary components to do so, even if they'd make more gold by just selling those raw materials into the market.  Never underestimate the desire of some people to have fun in World of Warcraft.

The other good find for this segment of time was The Black Knight for 20 gold.  I currently have it posted at around 75g.  One flier I took was on a stack of Primal Shadow for 20 gold.  I have no idea how Burning Crusade tradeskill items like this one sell, but Auctioneer said it was well below market value, so I thought I'd test the waters and see how long it takes to sell at 45g.  I'm thinking I maybe should have broken them down into stacks of 5 or 2 or even 1.

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge
Near the end of the sixth hour, I did a full inventory of assets.  I had 366 gold and about 525 gold in assets, which puts me at roughly 900 gold through the first 20% of my estimated alotted time of 30 hours /played.  I'd say that this puts me ahead of schedule, even if it is only 9% of what I'll need to finish simply because it should get easier to make gold up til about the 1000-1500 liquid gold level, at which point gold-making should plateau and it will be just a matter of smartly grinding the way up to 10,000.

Total Assets at the end of 6 hours:  About 890 gold

Go to Hour 7 of the Alpha Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment