Tuesday, November 16, 2010

World of Warcraft Gold Challenge: Alpha Competition - Hour 9

Stormwind City, Auction House - A great strategy for winning items below typical market cost is to sort the Auction House according to Time Ending Soonest.  I was able to win 100g worth of items this way before I logged off last night for about 20 gold outlay.

This hour was quiet except for the Elemental Invasion that is preceding the Cataclysm expansion.  When the script begins in Stormwind, all of the auctioneers despawn, so I had to take 15 minutes and ride the tram to Ironforge.  I'd actually prefer to be in Ironforge because I've always thought it had the best atmosphere of the Alliance cities.  Unfortunately, the long run to the mailbox from the auctioneers makes it a sub-prime location.  But, it'll have to do for now.

I moved a little into commodities this hour.  Managed to flip about 15 stacks of Frostweave Cloth from 7g50s to 13g50s.  Also found someone who dumped a bunch of cheap odds-and-ends into the Herb market.  Will probably just move them as partial stacks given I haven't found much problem on this server with selling partial stacks of items at market price.

I'm sitting on about 600 liquid gold at the moment and waiting to pounce on something that looks appetizing.  This is almost enough to meddle seriously in a low-end commodities market, and with the breadth of items that I currently have listed, it may not be that big a risk.  The biggest problem right now is that everyone is occupied with waiting for Cataclysm instead of doing stuff with their characters.  The Blue-flip market is going much slower than it would in mid-expansion, though I probably wouldn't be finding the deals that I am either.

Total assets at the end of 9 hours:  About 2300 gold 

Go To Hour 10 of the Alpha Competition

No comments:

Post a Comment